Target focused training with MBA in-Brief content, powered by the KBProfessional platform. Managed CPD, Qualifications and more.
Bespoke development programmes for in- and cross-functional groups and graduate cohortsTell me more
Regular working groups and the latest management research, for new ideas and actionable outcomes
For senior executives in essential management disciplines, focused on driving innovationTell me more
Single user access to the KBProfessional platform for MBA-in-Brief guides, management news and the latest research
Career development for individuals, with the latest management knowledge, Qualifications and CPD trackingTell me more
KnowledgeBrief professional development programmes are specifically designed to cater for the demands of today’s business environment – to deliver results against specific objectives in a time and cost effective way.
- Each programme carefully tailored to your organisation’s current requirements to ensure that specific goals are achieved in your time frame
- Powered by the KBProfessional platform with bespoke content, research and branding
- In function, and cross-functional learning and collaboration is promoted from the outset to drive the whole learning group to hit targets
- Flexible delivery options include facilitated workshops, Management Qualifications, CPD tracking and access to the KnowledgeBrief Innovation Programme, to ensure maximum advantage is obtained
- MBA-in-Brief content, focused on implementation for business results, in the unique KnowledgeBrief format. Tailoring of the syllabus to the group’s needs ensures a group focus on priority objectives.
Designed to help teams in specific functions achieve their goals, for example in Procurement, Finance, HR or Sales and Marketing.
- One day diagnosis with the team pinpoints learning and innovation requirements and cements collective drive to achieving the group targets
- KBProfessional platform branded and tailored, with relevant content selected from a database of over 600 techniques by a KnowledgeBrief specialist
- Quarterly Innovation Action Group sessions monitor progress and ensure that advances have been achieved, including Masterclasses on key capabilities
- Access to the KnowledgeBrief Management Innovation Programme attended by Directors of major blue chip organisations helps create a positive feedback loop from the on-going development
- On-demand research and training available
For groups of managers, or graduate cohorts, drawn from across functions, with an MBA curriculum and content designed to drive the organisation from within to hit corporate targets.
- One day diagnosis identifies, communicates and aligns the entire group to the current corporate objectives and provides the catalyst for collective action
- KBProfessional proprietary platform branded and designed with relevant content selected from the MBA curriculum by a KnowledgeBrief Research Faculty specialist to provide company-wide ownership of the development path
- Quarterly Innovation Action Group sessions monitor progress and ensure that advances have been achieved, including expert Masterclasses
- Access to the KnowledgeBrief Management Innovation Programme attended by Directors of major blue chip organisations to ensure a positive feedback loop is established
- On-demand research and training available for when specific emphasis is required
An integral part of each programme, KnowledgeBrief facilitated workshops are designed with specific development goals in mind.
These sessions are run by the appropriate specialist from either the International Association of Facilitators, or our Research Faculty. With extensive experience from both industry and academia each workshop is designed to yield maximum benefit.
- Diagnosis:A one day session designed to identify what is relevant for your organisation, capability requirements and what needs to happen to hit specified targets
- Innovation Action Groups:Ensure that progress has been made and specify the next stage for advancement in a clear way that ensures collective buy-in
- Masterclasses: Part of the research on-demand service – a tailored session with external expertise to fulfil a specific knowledge or capability requirement
KnowledgeBrief is an accredited provider of CMI Level 7 Postgraduate Qualifications in Management and Leadership. Qualifications, including the Chartered Manager award, are available as part of a Development Programme or as a discrete service.
Research shows that firms with more than 10% of Masters educated managers show on average a 10% better performance than those with none (Bloomberg, London School of Economics) and Best-practice management development can result in a 23% increase in organisational performance (BIS, CMI, CIPD).
Delivered by Distance Learning via the KBProfessional platform an Award, Certificate or Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership can be obtained.
CPD is increasingly a major focus for individuals and organisations to demonstrate their commitment to excellence and continually develop their capabilities. Managing, maintain and recording CPD, with the demands of a busy working environment, can prove difficult.
KnowledgeBrief provides an online, simple and effective CPD management service for firms and individuals. Features of a managed CPD Programme include:
- A record of CPD hours undertaken stored in the KBProfessional platform under an individual user profile
- Structured and unstructured CPD available – either answer a question on KnowledgeBrief content and/or research and submit, or enter your own undertakings
- Print off and store your annual hours undertaken and, if needed, send to your compliance team
- CPD Programmes can be specifically designed to meet current organisational or individual priorities
- Push notifications sent via email included to ensure regular engagement and take up
- Ensures CPD is readily available and easy to access and record
The KnowledgeBrief Innovation Programme brings the leading Directors from different industries together to identify cutting edge innovations and management practices. The programme generates new ideas that to improve the performance of individuals, their teams and their organisation.
Membership is by invitation only and includes representation from every major industry and the key management disciplines, including:
- Corporate Governance
- Human Resources
- Learning and Development
- Procurement and Supply Chain
With cross-industry and multi-disciplinary participation, programme members benefit from the maximum expertise and experience to stay ahead in business
The programme provides unique insights to drive actionable outcomes and better performance for Directors and Companies and includes:
- Group Meetings: The Director-level membership community meet on a regular basis to look at the new and essential ideas for performance improvement and ongoing advantage.
- Research: The KnowledgeBrief Research Faculty produces reports on a monthly (Scan) and quarterly (Strategic Outlook) basis summarising the latest of the relevant thinking, practice and big business issues from around the world. We also offer on-demand research – to answer directors’ key questions on innovative practices and industry learning.
- Access to the KBProfessional proprietary platform for MBA in-brief content and social media tools.
- Tailored Training: Our highly experienced facilitators can produce training on demand for members’ in-house teams.
KnowledgeBrief works with existing members to carefully select the organisations that take part. The group is made up of senior professionals from a diverse mix of companies and industries to ensure the maximum breadth of expertise is available to the group and to stimulate new, innovative ideas.
Meetings and Outputs
There are three types of meeting, all of which are professionally facilitated:
- Innovation Research Groups: Taking place each month, IRGs draw on the latest thinking and practice in the field to develop new performance improvement ideas
- Strategic Outlook Dinners: Focusing on the trends that have been prevalent in the quarter and assessing their impact on members’ forward strategies
- Leadership Dinners: Held bi-annually, these networking dinners look at the current top level business issues from new and different perspectives.
The programme operates under the Chatham House Rule to facilitate an open and honest exchange of new ideas.
Programme outputs are for members only.
The KnowledgeBrief Research Faculty produces two main publications that keep members on top of the latest practitioner and academic thinking and stimulate the debate in the group meetings:
- Scan: Published monthly, this research summarises the most relevant stories from the finest global practitioner (FT, Bloomberg etc.) and academic (Harvard Business Review, Strategic Management Journal etc.) sources to keep members at the forefront of the latest thinking and developments.
- Strategic Outlook: Published quarterly, each Strategic Outlook Report assesses the most pertinent issues from the previous three months and forward to consider the likely impact on member strategies.
- The KBProfessional platform contains a wealth of MBA in-brief content and includes options to study Qualifications, track CPD and features other business relevant social media tools.
Programme research is for members only.
KnowledgeBrief provides single user licenses to access the best of our MBA-in-Brief library, cutting edge management research and learning tools.
- BusinessCentre: The latest news and ideas from across industries and across disciplines, brought together in a single place. Get the management knowledge.
- MBA in-Brief content: Summaries of key business and management techniques found in an MBA syllabus presented in an accessible, practical, brief and high quality format.
- KnowledgeBrief Research Publications: Scan - Strategic Outlook.
- Qualifications: Study online for a CMI Qualification and obtain an Award, Certificate or Diploma (NB currently Level 7 only, Level 5 available soon).
- CPD: Maintain and record your CPD hours online - Structured and unstructured options available - Capture and print out or store your annual record, and if required submit to your Compliance department.
- Discussions: Engage with other users of the KnowledgeBrief platform to discuss the latest in business and management.
MBA in-Brief content
KnowledgeBrief business and management technique summaries are professionally researched and produced by experts. The KnowledgeBrief MBA-in-Brief database:
- Presents knowledge in an accessible, brief, high quality format
- Is regularly updated with the latest theory and practice obtained from the finest business periodicals, research journals and official reports
- Saves time and resources by providing focused and relevant knowledge in a user-friendly format
- Is of the highest quality and provides up-to-date information, filtered and analysed by a team of academic and business experts
- Makes knowledge more accessible and comparable by structuring it in a consistent and useful way.
KBManage enables individuals to gain the solid foundation necessary for successful management of people and organisations and to inform strategy development and implementation.
Concepts are presented in an accessible, brief, high quality format, and are regularly updated with the latest theory and practice obtained from the latest business periodicals, research journals and official reports.
- KB concepts will help you save time and resources by providing focused and relevant knowledge in a user-friendly format
- KB concepts are high quality and provide up-to-date knowledge, which has been filtered and analysed by a team of academic and business experts
- KB concepts make knowledge more accessible and comparable by structuring it in a consistent and useful way.
Advance your careers and make your CV stand out from the crowd by undertaking a Postgraduate Qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership. Achieve an Award, Certificate or Diploma, and secure the ‘C Mgr’ letters via Distance Learning on the StudyCentre of the KBProfessional platform
Personal development as a strategic manager / Strategic performance management / Financial management / Strategic information management / Conducting a strategic management project / Organisational direction / Financial planning / Strategic marketing / Strategic project management / Organisational change / Strategic planning / Human resource planning / Being a strategic leader / Strategic leadership practice / Introduction to strategic management and leadership / Strategic risk management / Strategic corporate social responsibility
CPD is increasingly a major focus for individuals and organisations to demonstrate their commitment to excellence. Often this is something which, with the demands of a busy working environment, can prove difficult to seek out, maintain and record. The KnowledgeBrief tracker makes CPD simple.
- Maintain and record your CPD hours online
- Structured and unstructured options available
- Capture and print out or store your annual record, and if required submit to your Compliance department